There's many organizations serving and supporting Madison County farmers
Ag Resources in Madison County
There are many resources for starting and managing a farm or land in Madison County in addition to Cornell Cooperative Extension. Here's the local links for some of our support partners:
Madison County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWDC)
- AEM (Agriculture Environmental Management) program
- Stream and Flood Mitigation
- Grazing and Reduced Tillage
- Partnerships with Trees for Tributaries and Upper Susquehanna Coalition
Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- "NRCS delivers science-based soil information to help farmers, ranchers, foresters, and other land managers effectively manage, conserve, and appraise their most valuable investment — the soil."
USDA/Madison County Farm Service Agency
- "FSA County Offices are located throughout the state to deliver a variety of congressionally authorized credit and commodity programs to all of New York's farmers and producers."
- "The Buy Madison mission is to promote local purchasing of goods and services, from visitors and residents alike, to improve local businesses and to generate sales tax revenue for Madison County and its municipalities. We have great business assets here, let's help them thrive!"
NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets
- NYSDAM has a huge range of programs supporting farmers from markets and regulations to food safety and business development.
NY Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
- "The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) was created to combine all state programs designed to protect and enhance the environment into a single agency."
- For farmers, such programs include pesticides, hunting and nuisance permits, water permits, and more.
Last updated March 23, 2023